Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It's All About the Benjamins, Baby


I love Buster Olney's daily column on ESPN.com--especially his "Heard This" section.  It's chock full of interesting links and information.  If you don't read it daily, I highly suggest you do.  Today, he some interesting information on the mercurial Rafael Soriano. 
"Heard this: The question of what role Rafael Soriano will play for his next team is very much secondary to what his salary will be. In other words, if some club was willing to pay him to be its bullpen catcher for $45 million over the next three years, Soriano would consider it; he is looking for a lucrative deal, which is absolutely his prerogative."
Buster, surely you jest.  A Scott Boras client that cares about money more than anything else? Well, I never! What are you going to tell me next? That Jon Heyman is a personal mouthpiece for the Boras empire? I will simply not believe one word of it! On that note, I bid you a good day. I SAID GOOD DAY, SIR!

No comments:

Post a Comment