- If you don't read the Platoon Advantage, you need to start now. Bill takes a look a look at the inexact science that is Hall of Fame voting. Using Bill James' predictions as a guide, he explores that topic in detail. It was easily the most interesting article I read all week. Also, he posts an interesting take on Josh Beckett's ability to bounce back.
- ESPN's Rob Neyer and IIATMS Larry Behrendt have an interesting give and take argument regarding steroids and amphetamines in baseball. Here's Rob's Part 1 and Part 2. Here's Larry's first and second take. All four articles are outstanding.
- Dave Cameron of Fangraphs takes a detailed look at Albert Pujols and his potential contract. If Cameron's projections are right, Pujols will clean up whether he fits free agency or not.
- Vince Caramela tries to figure out why Ricky Nolasco is abandoning one of his most effective secondary pitches. Here's Part 1 as well , in case you missed it.
- Patrick Sullivan asks an interesting question: Why should we assume that WAR overemphasizes defense?
- The amazing Jonah Keri wrote his first post for Fangraphs this week. Not surprisingly, it's a huge success. He's an incredibly talented writer.
Sunday, January 16, 2011
Weekend Round-Up - 1/16/2011
These links have been brought to you by the Rex Ryan Toe Sucking Experience. You got lucky today Rex. I hate you and your horrible team. Go Steelers!