- Hall of Fame - Josh and I will take a look at each of the plausible Class of 2011 Hall of Fame candidates. Don't worry. We'll spare you the in depth articles on the HOF candidacies of Kirk Rueter, Dan Wilson, and Rey Sanchez. While we haven't decided exactly which candidates we'll cover, we've decided to do a two part piece on Bert Blyleven. I will take the pro, while Josh will take the con.
- 2011 Team by Team Breakdown - In this series, Josh and I will analyze each team player by player, position by position. We'll look at the improvements and areas of opportunity with each team. At the end of the series, we'll make projections for how each team will finish.
- 2011 Position Rankings - Josh and I will split up the positions, and rank the top 30 players at each position. Heck, we may even make statistical projections for each player. We'll see.
- Wins Above Replacement - We'll discuss difference between the WAR Fangraphs and Baseball-Reference. Also, we'll talk about why we prefer to use Fangraphs WAR.
- Defensive Metrics - We'll discuss the benefits of using advanced defensive metrics, and the pitfalls of relying solely on the "eye test".
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
A Look into the Crystal Ball
I just wanted to give everyone a heads up as to what to expect over the next couple of months here at BBIMH. As we get deeper into the offseason, Josh and I will be starting a few different series couple of that we're interested in covering (in addition to the day-to-day coverage of free agent and trade rumors). Among the topics we will be covering are: