Saturday, November 20, 2010

Upton's No Trade List


While I lost a little respect for Ken Rosenthal for rocking the George Will bow tie during the World Series, he remains one of the most thorough sports writers around.   Today, he tweeted the answer to the question that was on everyone's mind:  Who are the four teams on Justin Upton's no trade list.   Ok.  Maybe it wasn't on everyone's mind, but it definitely was something that I wondered about from time to time.  (And by time to time, I mean the last couple of days since the Justin Upton trade rumors began.)  None of the four teams named (A's, Royals, Tigers, and Indians) are too much of a surprise.  The A's, Royals, and Indians are small market clubs that usually have little margin for error.  I'm a little surprised by the Tigers being on the list, but mostly because the Pirates seem like a more logical choice.  Outside of those four teams, Upton can be traded to any one of the other 26 teams. 

Despite all of the talk about Upton's availability in the sports media (and here), I don't think Upton will be traded.  In all honesty, Kevin Towers is probably trying to get a sense of the market.  I can't say I blame him.  Plus, you never know.  Maybe he gets blown away, and someone makes him an offer he can't refuse.  It's worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment