Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Slight Programming Change

With only twelve days remaining until Spring Training begins, the Hot Stove league has slowed to a crawl.  Occasionally, there's an interesting story about a player signing a long-term deal to avoid arbitration or a particularly juicy trade rumor, but for the most part it's stories about either Vlad Guerrero hopelessly looking for that $8M contract he'll never get or players "being in the best shape of their lives."  Craig Calcaterra at HBT has the latter topic covered, and there's only so much mileage I can get out of Vlad. 

As a result, I've decided that maybe it's time for me to shift gears a little bit.  While I'll still cover and share my opinions on the daily baseball news, I'm going to try to write some original articles.  You know, stuff that's more along the lines of what I was writing when I first started the site.  To be honest, I feel like I've gotten into a bit of a rut as of late with my writing.  While I hope that hasn't shown too much, I'm sure it probably has at times.  This actually comes at a good time because there have been a few topics that I've wanted to tackle that I haven't been able to do just yet.  This slight change gives me that opportunity. 

Just so you know what I have on tap for the next month:
  1. Where Will Pujols Land?
  2. Top 10 Players by Position
  3. Team-by-Team Analysis Going into the Season
  4. Most Interesting Position Battles in Spring Training
  5. WAR, what is it good for?
If you have any topic ideas that you'd like to see covered, please send them my way.  Who knows?  I may end up taking it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment